Badania układów czujników światłowodowych na potrzeby monitorowania falami prowadzonymi stanu technicznego konstrukcji
Kierownik projektu: Rohan N. Soman
Instytut Maszyn Przepływowych PAN w Gdańsku
Data otwarcia: 2020-01-27
O1. Study of the coupling between the specimen and the fiber and its effect on the wave propagation.
O2. Study of the variables such as bond type, bond length, excitation frequency, direction of the incident wave etc. on the coupling of the waves in the fiber.
O3. Implementation of damage detection and isolation algorithm based on multiplexed FBG sensor arrays in plate like structures.
O4. Development of optimization of placement for FBG sensors for improved damage assessment
Methodology: This project aims at studying the phenomena of wave coupling between the fiber and the sample. The different factors affecting the coupling will be studied quantitatively and qualitatively through experimental as well as numerical studies. The scope of the sensitivity studies will include different sample and fibre materials, different orientation of fibres, different bond types and lengths. The wave coupling phenomenon on embedded fibres will be studied as well. Analytical models will be developed for estimation the effect of the coupling under real conditions. The analytical models then will be applied for compensating the effects of the coupling for locating the damage using the ellipse and hyperbola based approach for GW.
For the improved performance of the SHM technique using GW, optimization of sensor placement will be carried for the application of FBG sensors which show directional sensitivity. The anisotropic sensitivity makes it imperative to develop a real encoded genetic algorithm for the application as well as new cost functions based on application demands and functional constraints imposed by the FBG sensors.
I1. Improved understanding of the fiber-wave coupling and the directionality of propagation
I2. Identification and quantification of the factor influencing the fiber-wave coupling including specimen material, bond type, bond length etc.
I3. Customization of GW based damage detection and isolation technique using FBG based sensors
I4. Optimization of sensor placement for GW based SHM using FBG sensors taking into consideration the constraints and advantages of the FBG
I5. Development of a two-step optimization strategy for controlling the problem size to ensure thorough search of the search-space
? Better understanding of the wave coupling phenomena and quantification of the factors affecting the coupling.
? Development of definitive methodology for damage detection using GW based on FBG sensors.
? An optimization methodology useful for sensors with directional sensitivity as well as based on the functional constraints of the FBG sensors.
? A better understanding of the wave coupling phenomena in embedded fibres.
- Soman, R., Balasubramaniam, K., Golestani, A., Karpinski, M., Malinowski, P.,, A two-Step Guided Waves Based Damage Localization Technique Using Optical Fiber Sensors, Sensors 20, (2020) 20
- Soman, R., Singh, S., Wandowski, T., Malinowski, P., , Development of robust statistical metric based on cumulative electrical power for electromechanical impedance based structural health monitoring, Smart Materials and Structures 29, (2020) 11
- Singh, S., Soman, R., Wandowski, T., Malinowski, P., A variable data fusion approach for electromechanical impedance based damage detection and classification, Sensors 20, (2020) 15
- Soman, R., Semi-automated methodology for damage assessment of a scaled wind turbine tripod using enhanced empirical mode decomposition and statistical analysis, International Journal of Fatigue 134, (2020) 105475
- Soman, R., Wee, J., Peters, K., Ostachowicz, W., , "Optimization of sensor placement for guided waves based SHM using fiber Bragg grating sensors, Proceedings of the SPIE. Smart Structures/NDE conference, US, March 2020 1, (2020) 10
- Soman, R., Balasubramaniam, K., Golestani, A., Karpinski, M., Malinowski, P., Ostachowicz W., Actuator placement optimization for guided waves based structural health monitoring using fibre Bragg grating sensors,, Smart Materials and Structures 12, (2021) 125011
- Soman R., Multi-objective optimization for joint actuator and sensor placement for guided waves based structural health monitoring using fibre Bragg grating sensors,, Ultrasonics 119, (2022) 106605
- Soman, R., Radzienski, M., Kudela, P., Ostachowicz, W., Guided waves mode filtering using fiber Bragg grating sensors, Proceedings of 48th Annual Review of Progress in Quantitative Nondestructive Evaluation (QNDE2021), 28 July-30 July, ASME 2021 1, (2021) 1
- Soman, R., Golestani, A., Balasubramaniam, K., Karpinski, M.,Malinowski, P.,Ostahowicz, W.,, Application of Ellipse and Hyperbola methods for Guided waves based structural health monitoring using fiber Bragg grating sensors, Proceedings of the SPIE. Smart Structures/NDE conference, US, March 2021 11593, (2021) 115930F
- Soman R., Ostachowicz, W.,, Ultrasonic fiber Bragg grating sensor placement optimization in structural health monitoring using covariance matrix adaptation evolutionary strategy, Proceedings Volume 11593, Health Monitoring of Structural and Biological Systems XV; 115931A, (2021) 8