Internet domain registration
Task is managing domains: gdansk.pl, gda.pl, gdynia.pl, sopot.pl and med.pl. Cost of subdomain registration for 2 years is 123 PLN (VAT included).
To register new subdomain please follow the instruction below:
- verify availability of proposed domain
- read below domain registration rules
- configure your nameservers (NS) to serve the selected domain
- fill in the registration form on our websit
- fill in, sign and send to us domain registration request (scan over e-mail, fax or regular mail)
- pay in advance registration fee 123PLN (23% VAT included) and attach payment confirmation to your request
The form is checking the availability of selected new domain for registration: gda.pl, gdansk.pl, gdynia.pl, sopot.pl and med.pl.
Domain registration form
View and download documents
CI TASK domain registration rules
Get to know the domain registration rules
The following rules were introduced on September 12, 1998, and consolidated on November 19, 1999, March 1, 2001, April 30, 2001, October 8, 2001, November 2, 2004.
1. The domain name is specified by the applicant.
2. The subscriber may submit for registration only the name to which he is entitled to use.
3. CI TASK undertakes to register and maintain the domain name specified in the electronic form and registration application.
4. CI TASK undertakes to register the domain within 2 working days from the date of completing all formalities:
- about receiving a correctly completed electronic registration form,
- about receipt by e-mail:
- registration application,
- proof of payment in advance,
- configuring name servers.
5. CI TASK will refuse to register a domain name in cas of:
- the domain is already registered in CI TASK,
- an application for the registration of an identical domain name has been submitted and the registration procedure is pending,
- is a legal entity name not related to the applicant,
- the company registering the domain is in arrears with payments for other domains operated by CI TASK,
- the name is commonly considered offensive, violating good manners or principles of social coexistence,
- the applicant fails to complete the required documentation within a maximum of 14 days,
- the domain is the name of the network services (e.g. www, http, etc.).
6. CI TASK shall not be liable if it is found that third parties have rights to the name being the subject of registration.
7. Any disputes regarding the rights to the domain name are settled without the participation of CI TASK.
8. CI TASK reserves the right to immediately remove the domain delegation when it is served with a decision of the Patent Office or a court judgment confirming the rights of another entity to the name.
9. CI TASK shall not be liable for the necessity to change the name resulting from the possible introduction of legal provisions regulating the rules of domain registration.
10. The subscriber is obliged to inform CI TASK of any changes to the data specified in the registration form.
11. The subscriber is obliged to pay the first registration and maintenance fee until the end of the next calendar year.
12. The subscriber is obliged to notify CI TASK about the continuation of servicing the domain for the next two years and pay the appropriate fee.
13. Payment for each domain service must be made in advance, and proof of payment must be sent to us electronically.
Services subject to a fee of PLN 123 (PLN 100 + 23% VAT):
- for domain registration – the fee is charged for a period of two years starting from the date of domain registration,
- for the continued service of the domain – the fee is charged for the next two years.
- to change the domain delegation,
- for the restoration of domain service – the fee is charged once for unblocking the domain if the domain has been blocked due to the customer’s failure to fulfill obligations towards CI TASK,
- changing the company’s address data,
- for domain assignment.
14. If the fee is not paid within 14 days, the domain will be blocked without notification. The domain will be unlocked when all the following requirements are met:
- for payment of the outstanding invoice,
- for sending an electronic proof of payment in .pdf format,
- for receiving the subscriber’s written request to unblock the domain.
15. CI TASK undertakes to deregister the domain within 2 working days from the date of submitting the application by the subscriber.
16. Resignation from servicing the domain does not entail a refund of the fee in whole or in part.
17. Pursuant to Article 6 paragraph 1 clause a. the general regulation on the protection of personal data of 27 April 2016 (Journal of Laws UE L 119 of 04/05/2016), the domain registrant agrees to be processed by the Gdańsk University of Technology with its headquarter in Gdańsk, 11/12 Narutowicza Street, 80-233 Gdańsk, my personal data contained in the registration form for the purpose and scope necessary to provide the Internet domain registration service as well as to maintain it.
More information: https://pg.edu.pl/biuletyn-informacji-publicznej/rodo
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the account number for domains?
Here is our bank account number:
Gdańsk Technical University of Technology, CI TASK
11/12 Narutowicza Street, 80-233 Gdańsk
Santander Bank Polska S.A
41 1090 1098 0000 0000 0901 5569
Title: the name of the registered domain
Who to contact person for domain registration?
Any questions regarding domain registration and DNS service should be directed to the DNS Administrators Team:
phone: 58 347 18 80, opening hours 9:00-16:00,
Where can I download the necessary documents for the domain registration
and maintenance process?
Documents in PDF format can be downloaded from the Documents section above. There are:
How is a domain name registration and maintenance agreement concluded?
The contract is concluded when the domain is registered by CI TASK. The registration application (in electronic and written version) acts as an order. In the application for registration, the applicant informs that “… I have read the rules of registration and maintenance of Internet domains by CI TASK.”
How long does it take to register a domain?
Domain registration lasts two weekdays from the moment of fulfilling all the above-mentioned requirements.
How to change NS (change of delegation)?
The person (company) indicated as the technical contact or the owner sends us a declaration to change the delegation for the domain. If the declaration is sent to us by a representative of the new hosting company, the owner ‘s stamp and signature are ought to be included.
Can I transfer a domain?
No, because we are the only registrar for the regional domains gda.pl, gdansk.pl, gdynia.pl, sopot.pl, med.pl.
How can you get the AUTHINFO code?
We do not share the AUTHINFO code, because we are the only registrar for the domains gda.pl, gdansk.pl, gdynia.pl, sopot.pl, med.pl.
How can I access WHOIS?
Data on Internet domains registered by TASK can only be checked by phone.
Do I need nameserver for domain registration?
They are not required, but then only the domain is parked (name reservation). For the domain to be active, it is necessary to purchase the service from the hosting company along with the configuration of name servers.
Can I book a domain?
What to do when there are errors in the received VAT invoice?
In case of discrepancies between the payer’s data included in the VAT invoice and the actual state, a credit note should be issued and sent to us – in accordance with § 43 of the Regulation of the Minister of Finance of March 22, 2002, item 268 Journal Of Laws No. 27/2002. The credit note is also the basis for making changes to the payer’s data in the CI TASK Domain Registration System.
How to change my address details?
Please send us a request to change your address details. It can be downloaded from the documents section above.
Can I change the domain subscriber?
Yes, it is enough to fill in and send the domain assignment application, which can be downloaded from the documents section. This application should be completed by both sides: the current administrator and the future administrator.
Where can I download the necessary documents (applications, declarations)?
Applications can be downloaded from the documents section above.
Can I register a domain with Polish national characters?
Yes. This domain should be implemented in the form and in the application in the “xn--” format, according to the IETF documentation (documents: RFC 3490, RFC 3491, RFC 3492). The word translation program is available at http://www.dns.pl/cgi-bin/idntranslator.pl. For example: ząb.gda.pl -> xn--zb-pla.gda.pl.