Centre of Informatics – Tricity Academic Supercomputer & Network
CI TASK is an operator of networks and professional software platforms, supporting science and research and development (R&D).
We provide IT services at the highest level in the field of:
reality modeling, physical simulations, simulation of processes and laws of nature
IaaS – virtual infrastructure and PaaS – application platforms
e.g. internet, domains and data transfer
digital libraries, thesis repository, weather forecast, virtual description of human tissues
We consult on the usage of professional scientific packages, optimization of calculation scalability and effective data analysis. We serve the entire academic and research community in Poland, including universities and research institutes in Pomerania, and cooperate with the economy and business in the field of R&D through the implementation of innovative projects.
The current development strategy for 2016-2021 consists of a number of tasks:
- Building CI TASK’s own headquarter and ensuring support for the safety of its operation.
- Further development of intelligent network services, computing and cloud computing services as well as data transfer, collection and analysis for the needs of participants of CI TASK’s users.
- Improving the working conditions of CI TASK employees, including scientific and professional development, in order to meet the contemporary challenges posed by the Center.
- Continuous expansion of the network and computing infrastructure as well as data processing in order to acquire new CI TASK’s users.
- Opening up to wider cooperation with academic centers and business entities in order to implement R&D projects.